Saturday, May 11, 2013

Crockpot Beef Stroganoff

Beef Strognoff in crockpot

2 lbs. stew beef

2 cans cream of
mushroom soup

1 med. onion

1/2 cup of water

2 tsp. Worcester sauce

Salt and pepper (your desired amount)

8 oz. cream cheese  (I used 8 oz. plain greek yogurt)

1 bag of egg noodles

Put beef, soup, water, Worcester sauce, salt and pepper in crockpot. (can put beef in while frozen). Cook on high for five hours or low for 8 hours. Add cream cheese before serving. If you're cooking on low, I'd recommend setting it on high when you add the cream cheese so it'll melt faster. I usually start my water for the noodles and once I add the noodles to the boiling water, I add the cream cheese to the stroganoff. Super easy and super good.


I made this one day last week and it was AWESOME.  Just finished filling the crockpot with it again for dinner tonight.  :)  If you are vegetarian, I can see using all vegies with the soups, etc. on rice or noodles.  I bet it would be YUMMY.  

3 comments:

julieQ said...

That sounds so good!! Thank you for sharing your recipe...yum!! Happy Mother's day!

krisgray said...

Yum! Will have to try this soon, thank you!

Q said...

I love cooking in the slow cooker!
will have to work up a gf, vegan version....