Monday, May 13, 2013

Magical

Look closely...she is just to the left of him

So magical


The Geranium petals look like velvet

Mrs. Barn Swallow on the nest

Mr. Barn Swallow keeps lookout from below


I have seen so many Bald Eagles this past week that I need to look him up in my Animal Speak and see what messages He carries on his wings.  The Turkey Gobbler in his full plumage spread was magical for us to see.  In all of the years that we have lived here and seen turkeys about we have never seen him courting.  :)  The Barn Swallow has returned to nest on our lakeside porch.  So exciting.

10 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Yes, you do indeed live where the magic is happening. Thanks so much to you for sharing that magic through your photography with the rest of us!

Janet O. said...

What wonderful views of the "wildlife"!

MandaBurms said...

JUST love the Animal speak book! Lovely photos you got of the fella showing off - hope the lady liked him.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Gorgeous photos!

JoAnne said...

Wow! Such great photos. I love seeing yard visitors!

Tabor said...

Very, very cool. Love the dance of life.

Q said...

In full courting dress! WOW!
Nesting, courting and singing....
Eagles, Turkeys, Swallows and Cardinals. You have the best of worlds.
Ted Andrews Animal Speak will tell you how magical all your beautiful birds are...
You have mastered your new camera.
Great photographs.
Mr. Turkey is a charmer. I see a Thanksgiving Card....

Carol said...

Angie thank you so much for sharing these with us! Your photography is amazing! Your need to do a book or something! WONDERFUL!

betweens said...

What a great view you have of nature and spring and how much it is important for us to have seasons. so glad that you post these events for all of us to enjoy. gorgeous colors. much better than the tele anyday!

Jayne Honnold said...

Angie, I am in awe of your photography! I am sorely lacking in that department; maybe I should take a class in the basics. I must compliment you, as well, on the content of your blog. I've only read a few entries and I find myself very much appreciating the way you look at the world - your powers of observation are wonderful! I will definitely return!