Sunday, September 01, 2013

Ready to Embrace September




Happy Labor Day weekend---happy September.  I am ready for the seasons to change; I'm a seasonal kind of person.  Don't think I could live very happily where there is only one Season.  For the most part, this Summer has been so much nicer than last year when we went from Winter straight into sweltering Summer.  I have had a love affair with my zinnias this Summer.  I want lots and lots of zinnias.  I am flinging my intentions out into the Universe that next Spring I'm planting lots and lots and then some more Zinnias. They are such happy flowers, and bring a smile to my face every time I glance out the window.

I've been learning to bake and eat gluten-free.  These banana muffins were absolutely scrumptious.  We had company, and they didn't even know they were gluten-free.  Oh so good.

I am missing being with my sister (and all of the others in our family) this Labor Day Weekend.  My mind and heart are spending the weekend in Hillsville, VA, with family and friends.

Had a lovely long chat with my dear niece, Glorie, mostly about quilting, etc., and now that I have finally cleaned up the kitchen (once again), I'm going into the Black Hole of Fabric and cut some 4" squares.  I ALWAYS am inspired to play in fabric when I talk with Glorie.  :)

6 comments:

Q said...

Happy September to you too!
I also am a zinnia lover. I love watching the Butterflies, Hummingbirds, Bees and Praying Mantis that visit the zinnias. Like you I never seem to plant enough.
Those muffins do look delicious. You are an inspiration! I need to do some fabric harvesting....my work table is piled high with old clothes.
September is all about clowns and apples and pears and scarecrows!
I just love September.

Carol said...

Happy September! I love September! Your zinnias are sooooooooooo wonderful!

Cottage Tails said...

I'm about to start planning my summer garden and Zinnias I will plant - lots this year now, lots. SMILE.
Love Leanne

Sarah Lizzie said...

Oh do be careful of that 'black hole'....people have been known to never find their way out again!! I love zinnias as well. They always provide a bouquet-filled garden of the most glorious colours, always bringing a smile to my dial!!

Elaine Adair said...

If you ever tire of being a quilter, you might give thought to photography - while I see the present photos is not yours, you have delighted ME over the years with your lovely photos.

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

HELLO ANGIE,

Happy Autumn.. You have a lovely blog and some most wonderful looking recipes.. Something to Ponder was a very lovely read. Hugs Judy