Friday, August 01, 2014

End of July




Osprey

Male Towhee

Male Towhee
I haven't touched my fabrics since last Fall.  Until yesterday---and I suddenly had the urge to make some St. Louis 16-patch blocks.  It felt sooooo good to play with the fabric and sewing machine.  Maybe my sewing 'drought' is ebbing.

I cannot grasp the fact that July is over and today is August 1.  The weather has been fabulous this past week, abnormally cool for mid-Summer.  I've been bundling up in my shawls to have my morning coffee and meditation on the lakeside porch.  Hints of Fall are all around.  The Tree Swallows are here this morning bidding me farewell until next Spring.  The leaves on the Burning Bush are already turning red.  Most of the leaves have already fallen from my Corkscrew Willow.  There is that certain 'sound' in the air that hints of Fall.  That 'feel' of the air against your skin that lets you know things are happening in Nature.

The last few months I have been caught up in riding bicycles with my sister.  I haven't had this much fun in many years, nor have I been in such good physical shape in many years.  :)  That's not to say I'm in optimum condition, LOL, but I'm a far cry from where I was a year ago.  Maybe I'll go for a short ride today.  Maybe I'll play with fabric again today.  The hours stretch ahead of me like a blank canvas, beckoning me to indulge in what delights my heart and soul today.

Happy Lammas

7 comments:

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...

I understand what you are saying about the shift in the season, I've been feeling it too, subtle, but there nonetheless. Nice to hear you stitched a few blocks and have enjoyed summer activity with your sister. Sounds like you've had a lovely summer season.

black bear cabin said...

i am always inspired to start quilting as the summer comes to a close! Theres something about the crisp air and cooler nights that inspire me to work with my fabrics!
I too have not touched any fabric in ages...i took a teaching job in the fall and it kept me extremely busy, so ive been enjoying my creative side over the summer in other areas! Ive even had a chance to read :)
Sounds like Autumn is around the corner for you...however, im hoping for a late fall, since we had so much rain this summer!
So glad you stopped by my site...i look forward to reading your blog as well :)

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Where is summer going and why, o why, is it fleeting so fast?

Enjoy what delights you, my friend!

Cottage Tails said...

ooh good for you isn't riding a bike and quilting just the bestest fun ever!

Q said...

I am so happy you are honoring your craft once again!
Your quilt top is lovely.....needles and threads and fabric...oh my!
I am happy you are back on your bike too and riding with dear sis....best of friends.....
Just look at Towhee!!!A most handsome bird.
Osprey too? You are blessed indeed.
Happy Lammas...happy 1st harvest!!! Looks as if you are harvesting the fruits of wellness.

Janet O. said...

Wow, Angie, you have had a long sewing drought! I thought my recent 3 weeks off was long! : )
You make me want to go ride my bike, but it is a little hot for my taste at the moment. Kudos to you for getting in better shape!