Friday, January 30, 2015

One More Day



     and we will be closing the chapter titled January 2015.  We have had all kinds of weather---from bone-chilling, wet cold to sunny, warmer than normal(?) days.  The woodstove is always warm and welcoming, whatever the weather, when one is in January. 
     We have all recovered from the crud that we dealt with for what seemed like an inordinately long time.  We were so happy to usher it back out the door...
     My beloved has been struggling since last October with doctors; seems once that particular ball gets to rolling, it's like a never-ending ball of yarn that was dropped.  You hardly have one appt out of the way, only to glance at the calendar and see that there is another one looming.  The doctors are having a hard time reaching a conclusive diagnosis on him, but whatever it is that is attacking his body, it didn't just start last October.  Diseases such as polymyalgia rheumatica, Giant Cell Arteritis, and even more scary, the rare disorder called Wegener's Disease, are being discussed.  They readily admit that they don't know what causes these diseases, and there is no real cure for them either.  They are treating him with a large dose of prednisone right now, while discussing some drugs that are used for cancer patients.  It is just one day at a time, which is all that any of us has anyway, right?
     The birds have been and are such delightful January entertainment.  They definitely brighten up my days.  They beckon me out and away from the woodstove.  :)  I'm trying to get in the habit of taking a walk most days, and spending time outside in the midst of nature.  My resolve weakens, though, when weather-talk is of the 'teens' and 'wind chills' and I see the tall grass seedheads waving in the wind.  My sister tells me to put layers of clothes on top of layers of clothes, lol, and that I must go shopping for a balaclava to keep my face warm.  And speaking of weather, we have had sleet this morning, and now the clouds are racing across Bluebird-blue skies.  I'm headed outside.  :)

3 comments:

gilly said...

So sorry to read of your beloved's ongoing illness & I hope February brings you closer to a definite diagnosis & healing. Hugs,
Xx

Q said...

An owl candle burns brightly for you and yours.
Knowledge and wisdom and happy, "hooooos" are coming your way.
Rain and snow and chilly temps keeps me inside too snuggled under a blanket and wrapped in a shawl knitting or spinning and listening to music. Kitchen garden plans have me dreaming of Spring.
I have a black silk balaclava that is cozy when the temps are soon cold.
Stay warm my dear friend while you dream of Spring.

Elaine Adair said...

I have fallen behind on reading blogs and am very unhappy to hear of your Dh's illness or ??? Scarey, I am sure! Keep up the walks to give balance to your worries. And keep looking at nature's beauty!!!