Sunday, May 24, 2015

Memorial Day Weekend





I have never been on a kayak before this past week, but have had the thought from time to time over the years that I've lived here at the lake that I would enjoy one.  Well, I finally got one and I have found a bit of Heaven on earth.  I am head-over-heels in love with being on this tiny boat on the water.  I have found the perfect way for me to de-stress and just be with nature.

Nathan and Rhea were here for a full week this past week.  They left yesterday.  Arrived last Saturday evening.  It has been a week full of fun and also a week full of intensity.  I think it will take several days for me to process the past week, and also to recover my energy.  If you need me, you can find me drifting along the edges of my world on a little yellow kayak...

Have a safe and memorable Memorial Day Weekend.

3 comments:

Michele Bilyeu said...

Beautiful! Just plain beautiful!!! My kids love their kayaks. Hubby and I poke along in our '70s canoe. Last time was Fourth of July last year. Even with other boaters it was far more peaceful than the roads, streets, or towns. Peace!!!!!

Jodi Sky Rogers said...

How lovely! Glad that you enjoyed the experience. I've only done it a few times but have been wanting to join a club for a while now. It's winter now, so hopefully I'll finally get round to it this coming spring.

Jodi Sky Rogers said...

How lovely! Glad that you enjoyed the experience. I've only done it a few times but have been wanting to join a club for a while now. It's winter now, so hopefully I'll finally get round to it this coming spring.