Saturday, September 12, 2015

Quotes I Love

"I want to be around people that do things. I don't want to be around people anymore that judge or talk about what people do. I want to be around people who dream. And support. And do things."
-Amy Poehler

"I want to cultivate a deep sense of gratitude, of groundedness, of enough, even while I'm longing for something more."- Shauna Niequest

"It is the courage to continue that counts" - Winston Churchill

"Anything is possible if you've got enough nerve" -JK Rowling

"For what it's worth...it's never too late or too early to be whoever you want to be. There's no time limit. Start whenever you want. You can change or stay the same. There are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people who have a different point of view. I hope you live a life you're proud of, and if your not, I hope you have the courage to start all over again." (from the movie Benjamin Button)

"Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing we'll ever do" -Brené Brown

"I won't desecrate beauty with cynicism anymore. I won't confuse critical thinking with a critical spirit and I will practice, painfully, over and over, patience and peace until my gentle answers turn away even my own wrath." -Sarah Bessey (from Jesus Feminist)

 "Adopt the pace of nature. Her secret is patience" -Ralph W. Emerson

"I went into the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck the marrow out of life" -Henry David Thoreau

"Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted" -John Lennon

"Have patience with everything unresolved in your heart, and try to love the questions themselves. Don't search for the answers which could not be given to you now, because you would not be able to live them. Live the questions now. And perhaps someday in the future you will gradually, without noticing, live your way into the answer"  -Rainer Maria Rilke

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but they will never forget how you made them feel" -Maya Angelou

"That house was a perfect house whether you liked food or sleep or storytelling or singing or reading or just sitting and thinking best, or pleasant mixture of them all. merely to be there was a cure for weariness."
-JRR Tolkien

"The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  - Eleanor Roosevelt*

1 comment:

Tabor said...

inspiration with my coffee. Who could ask for more?