Tuesday, January 05, 2016

Quilty 365

January 1, 2, and 3, 2016

These are my first three Quilty 365 circles.  I made one last night but haven't gotten a picture of it yet.  Audry at  www.quiltyfolk.blogspot.com started this challenge last November (?), making one block with circle (moon) a day for a year.  She has a badge for your wall, which I haven't gotten on my blog yet.  Lots of quilters have hopped on this bandwagon.  They are all so different and unique and lots of fun to look through and meet new quilters.  :)  I waited until January 1 to start mine.  I'm hoping that I can make one a day for this whole year.  A new Ritual?  Already it is something that I look forward to sitting down with for a few minutes before heading off to bed.  :)

5 comments:

Alycia said...

Those are really neat blocks! What a great way to have enough for a full quilt without overwhelming you! I look forward to watching it grow!

Jeanne said...

I just started these on Jan 1 also. Here's hoping we both make it through the whole year :)

Robin said...

I recognize that floral background fabric. I have some in my stash too. This is a great project to just whimsically use up things you didn't remember you have.

sewyouquilt2 said...

love your 365 circles.

Anneliese said...

Hello Angie, thank you for coming by (Stitching Lady). So you took up the challenge of the 365 circles. Good. You should be at the 19th by now, ha! I know about it but I don't take part in it. I rather do squares like Jude Hill - http://spiritcloth.typepad.com/feel_free/patchwork-paperless-piecing.html. I might set in circles or something else. I am not sure yet. It will last months if not years. And ideas might change during this time.😄😄😄